Sunday 13 June 2021

At Home Sewing and Sowing

When not out enjoying nature, I can be found at home usually with needlework in hand.  My lovely friend Nicola of Bumble Stitches started a stitch a long #pocketfullofposies and I joined in by starting Feed The Soul by Stitches Through The Years
I'm stitching this 1 over 2 on my own hand-dyed 40 count linen, Catkin, using threads from stash.  Some colours are the called for and some I have substituted.

I have finished my Stillness Shawl by Helen Stewart.
It is a beautiful design that includes lace and texture sections.
Knit in 4 ply using wool by The wool Barn and A Homespun House.
I have yet to take a final photo of it as it is so big!
I have also been gardening a lot, sowing seeds and getting the allotment ready.  The trees in our garden blossomed and lasted longer than usual because we didn't have much rain.







No comments: