Tuesday 6 June 2023

Sweet Valentine

February 2023
Stitched last year, I fully finished Love Notes by Brenda Gervais of With Thy Needle and Thread, in time for Valentine's Day.
Each design is stitched on 40 linen, hand-dyed by me Eva Faith, in the colour Hazelnut.
They are stitched 1 over 2 in Anchor and DMC flosses from my stash.
Each pillow is backed in the same material as the hearts and they are filled with my own homegrown lavender.


The colours I used are :- Anchor 8, 10, 13, 382, 778 and DMC Blanc, 353, 732, 733, 3712, 3781.


During February, I also made this mat & wool felt needle case for a friend's birthday.
The designs are from the book Sew Many Notions by Debbie Busby.


It was also Shrove Tuesday, so pancakes were made.

Later in the month, a friend and I when to Unravel, a fibre festival held at Farnham Maltings.


No comments: