Sunday 23 June 2019

May Makes

At the beginning of May I attended an embroidered notebook workshop run by Penny Edwards of The Embroidery Bird.  Each attendee was supplied with a rag paper book and some linen/hemp for a cover.  Then we rummaged in Penny's stash of vintage fabrics, lace and buttons to decorate our covers.
As soon as I saw this lace I fell in love with it and designed my cover around it.
I added a Suffolk puff/yoyo, some buttons and appliquéd fabric motifs to the front.
Then I cut out some of the lace and added a little embroidery.

Next I stamped DREAM on the reverse of a piece of fabric and attached a different lace motif, bow, pink button and stitched some fabric roses.

On the back I kept it simple.
A few mixed media tags for the pages.

Next I will work on some pockets for the inside flaps, then I can stitch the cover together.
During May I played catch-up with the April cross stitch design by The Snowflower Diaries.

I also managed to complete the May design.

 I have been knitting my Together Shawl by Sofia Kammeborn and my Northeasterly Blanket by Melissa Alexander-Loomis.

These projects can be seen in greater detail on my May vlog on YouTube.

No comments: