Saturday 7 August 2010

Nightglow

This weekend the annual event "Balloons over Basingstoke" takes place. M and J like to visit the funfair with their respective friends, but I don't like fairground attractions so my husband and I, accompanied by J, only went to see the Nightglow, which is a short show of lasers played over tethered balloons with music and fireworks.

I must be getting old, because as much as I enjoyed the display of balloons, lasers, music, and fireworks, I would much rather spend the rest of the evening at home with my wool! ;)
I have just started to crochet my flower lap blanket, which I am making as part of the English Country Garden KAL on Ravelry. This is my first hexagon, which I am blocking before attaching the next seven flowers. The plan is to keep the motifs in this order throughout the blanket, but to vary the colour combinations.
These motifs are a joy to make and are free at http://www.ravelry.com/groups/english-country-garden-cal on Ravelry if anyone is interested.

3 comments:

Mac n' Janet said...

I'm with you, it seems like every time we go somewhere I find myself wishing I was at home working on something.

Unknown said...

Great pics of the balloons!

Rowan said...

Nightglow looked fun but like you I'm not a fan of fairgrounds - a pile of lovely coloured wood looks much more attractive. I love your flower hexagons, the blanket will be so pretty when it's finished.