Sunday 19 April 2020

Spring 2020

Spring arrived with all her hope for the future,

but also lurking just over the horizon was the corona virus pandemic.
It has taken me a while to start this post as I didn't really know the best way to document this time.
We have been blessed with unusually warm weather and nature has continued to delight the senses and soothe the soul.

In the UK we went into lockdown on 23rd March, my children (they're adults, but I still call them children) were already working from home as their companies had closed the offices.
My husband also joined us at home and the pair of us have been enjoying a local walk each day, admiring the arrival of spring together.
The village pond was full of frogspawn at the beginning of March.
We spotted the pair of little white egrets by the brook a few times.

The sunshine brought out the butterflies.

We picked wild garlic, which I made into pesto.
We are so lucky to have many public footpaths and green lanes leading from our village into the countryside.





We have spotted a few deer on our walks

and even managed a glimpse of the elusive great spotted woodpecker that we hear in the copse behind our home.

No comments: