Thursday 22 October 2020

Social Distancing at Farnham and RHS Wisley

 As a family, we are still being very careful with where we choose to visit in these uncertain times.  Obviously our nature walks are safe, but other than those we have only visited a couple of other places that we feel are safe to do so. Of course we are also doing our grocery shopping in the local supermarket.  We are happy to visit the gardens at RHS Wisley, where we are outside and able to distance from others and sit in the gardens with a picnic.  The other venue I went to was the Maltings at Farnham for Thread, a sewing festival.  I was very impressed with the organisation of the festival and although there were fewer stalls and even fewer visitors because of the careful regulation of visitors, it was good to be able to do something 'normal'.

Thread at Farnham Maltings















Afterwards I wandered around Farnham, a beautiful Georgian market town.  There were very few people around on what would usually be a busy Saturday.


September's visit to the gardens at RHS Wisley.



























The end of a beautiful day, that felt like it was summer again.

2 comments:

Crafty in the Med said...

Out in the open and in such beautiful surroundings to have a picnic seems spot on to me. Thank you for sharing this visit to the yarn festival. I really enjoy craft festivals!! It seems such a very long time since I have attended one. I have been trying to get to Yarndale but work made it impossible! Perhaps next year I will be able to now that I am retired. I do appreciate that you have posted lots of photos of all the gorgeous things you saw there. That cat for example is extraordinary! It looks like it is made of buttons and lacy.....how very original! keep well Amandax

thesnailgarden said...

Hi Amanda, thank you for your lovely comment. RHS Wisley is such a beautiful place to visit and even more special in these times. xx