Sunday 13 June 2021

Stitch Maynia

 Last minute I decided to join in with Maynia or Stitch Maynia as it is also called.  Brenda and Laura of Brenda and the Serial Starter began a #bbdweekendsal which is a stitch a long of Blackbird Designs the first weekend of each month, so I decided to stitch a couple of designs from the Winds of Autumn book.


Maynia Project 1

Blooming Sunflowers by Blackbird Designs.  36 count linen hand-dyed by me in the colour Sand.  Stitched 1 over 2 in called for colours.

I finished the project into a small, drawstring bag using patchwork cotton and velvet ribbon.

Maynia Project 2

Waiting for the Harvest by Blackbird Designs.  32 count linen hand-dyed by me.  Stitched 2 over 2 in called for colour.


Finished as a small cushion for an autumn display.
Filled with crushed walnut shells and decorated with two buttons from my Nana's button tin.

Maynia Project 3

Bumblebee by Mirabilia Designs.  32 count raw linen.  Stitched 2 over 2 in called for colours.

Finished as a lavender pillow for a friend's birthday.

Maynia Project 4

Butterfly by Mirabilia Designs.  32 count raw linen.  Stitched 2 over 2 in colours from stash.  I changed the butterfly from gold to blue.


Also finished as a lavender pillow, this time for another friend.

Maynia Project 5

Bloom by Hello From Liz Mathews.  32 count linen hand-dyed by me in colour way Amethyst.  Stitched 2 over 2 in colours from stash.

Finished as a hanging sign like the original design.
I corded some perle cotton and added a button and beads, all from stash.

Maynia Project 6

Miss Kitty by Mill Hill.  Kit for brooch or decoration using perforated card. 

I added felt backing and turned it into a brooch.
Maynia Project 27

Sow, Grow, Eat by Puntini Puntini.  32 count linen hand-dyed by me in colour Sand.  Stitched 2 over 2 in fancy flosses from stash.  This final project is as yet unfinished.



No comments: