Monday 30 November 2009

The End of November

It's advent calendars tomorrow! My Mum has always bought a traditional calendar for each of my two children since they were little. She asked if they still wanted them, now that they are older and I said "yes". Don't know if the yes was for myself or the children ;)
Time for the November Flower Mosaic.
I planted up some Paperwhites for a Christmas display, but they decided to flower in November! It has been so mild that they are rather early! I have also planted individual white grape hyacinth bulbs in tealight holders. I'm hoping that they will flower for the Christmas table arrangement - fingers crossed.
Sunday we visited the in-laws. My children think they have a cool Grandad. Look what he has in his bedroom. OH calls this a man cave! :)

Well, the countdown to Christmas starts in earnest tomorrow. I've made a start on the Christmas shopping and baking, but there's still a lot to do. I've got my Christmas magazines out of the cupboard for inspiration and have started to make space in the freezer for all the goodies! I'm even beginning to feel a little excited at the prospect of the festivities!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We opened the first day of the advent calender this morning - I say 'we' but I think, like you, it's there for my delight!

By the way, I've been meaning to ask you where the bead shop in Bosham is...I've been there a couple of times, but don't remember seeing a bead shop. Mind you I've only been to 'old' Bosham.

thesnailgarden said...

Hi Mara, The bead shop is called Beadazzle and is in Bosham Walk in old Bosham:- www.beadazzlebeads.co.uk
It is upstairs in the collection of shops above the ice-cream/sweet shop. There is also a scrapbook/card making shop.
I posted a picture of it in this August post:-
http://thesnailgarden.blogspot.com/2009/08/amazing-weekend.html
Hope you find it, best wishes Pj x