Monday 29 November 2010

Jack Frost ...

... has been in our garden again and this is how it looked this morning.
Jack Frost was in the garden;
I saw him there at dawn;
He was dancing round the bushes
And prancing on the lawn.
He had a cloak of silver,
A hat all shimm'ring white,
A wand of glittering star-dust,
And shoes of sunbeam light.
(from the poem "Jack Frost in the Garden" by John P. Smeeton)
Sunday, Jack Frost painted the greenhouse roof.
It was -7'C in there yesterday afternoon. I didn't stay there for long! Just enough time to throw an extra blanket of bubble wrap over my seedlings.
The best place to be was in the kitchen. I roasted some chestnuts, ready for my Christmas nut roast and popped them into the freezer.
And I made some mini mincepies to store in the freezer for Christmas.
The recipe for the orange pastry can be found here.
A seemingly suitable job for the first Sunday of Advent.

No comments: