Halloween fell in the middle of the half term holidays again this year. We were so busy that I chose not to decorate the front of our house this year and it turned out to have been the right decision, as it was so wet and windy that the Trick or Treaters didn't venture out this year.
In the kitchen I tested my new cake pop tin. I am happy to say that it worked.
I decorated the cake pops as pumpkins and ghosts
for a "graveyard" cake!
The cake is chocolate and pumpkin. I used this beetroot and chocolate cake recipe and simply replaced the beetroot with pumpkin and added some cinnamon and a little more cocoa powder. Definitely an improvement.
I used my new cookie cutter too.
They didn't all turn out so well - I need to practise this.
I stamped out skulls with the scraps of gingerbread! :)
The skeletons are supposed to be fulled with royal icing,
but I cheated and used fondant icing to cover up the badly stamped ones!
Two of these went missing - the cake thief struck again!!!!
This week I also knitted a beret to match the wrist warmers for Fay.
I altered the batty design slightly to fit the beret.
And a treat for me - I took part in a Halloween swap and these are the treats that were generously sent to me. Thank you sender.
Hope you all had a Happy Halloween.
Best wishes, Pj x