Sunday 5 January 2014

Happy New Year

Post Christmas:-
"Where's he gone!?" Maurice looking for Jay - the next best thing was his laptop as he knew Jay would be back for it!
 My "Baby Boy" and I went for a muddy walk in our favourite woodlands - a feeble attempt at burning a few calories! :)
And I finished crocheting my Rudolph.
 New Year's Eve:-
I really know how to party ... after Fay beating us yet again at Monopoly, I got out my crochet hook and made the final two squares I needed for my second SIBOL blanket! :)

 I saw 2014 in, sitting on the floor joining all the squares together whilst listening to Jooles Holland's Hootenanny on the television.
 New Year's Day:-
2014 had a soggy beginning ... here we are driving past Windsor Castle, but you wouldn't know it!  We were travelling to Norfolk to stay with my Mum and Dad for a few days.
 The next day was beautifully sunny, so we headed into Norwich.  The main objective was to purchase a new coat for Fay, but I also managed to get my Husband to purchase a trendy cardi-style jacket and a new jumper to replace his old fleece. 
 It turned dark late afternoon and we wandered through the city looking at the pretty lights

 and drooled over this shop display.

 Norwich has many fine buildings
 and lots of churches.  This was the view of the cathedral spire from the car park.  Norwich was once said to have a church for every week of the year and a pub for every day of the year!  From this vantage point I could see four of those churches.
This is my Mum and Dad's Christmas tree - full of vintage baubles that I love.
 Friday lunchtime we went out for a meal.  My Son kept messing around when I tried to photograph him!
We finally managed to get him to behave. :)
That evening I finished the border on this blanket, just in time to deliver on our long trip from Norfolk to drop off Fay and Jay at their respective universities yesterday, before driving back home to our kitties.
Today:-
I woke up to this fantastic sky.  I am packing away the Christmas decorations today and giving the house a good clean, ready to start the new year at home.
Best wishes, Pj x

3 comments:

Lillie and Moss said...

Hi Pj! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving such a sweet message. I am glad we have some crafty things in common. Looking forward to visiting your blog more also!
Love all your pictures!
xx Shari

Deb Hickman said...

Happy New Year, it looks like you had a wonderful time. I must visit Norwich, I've never been, it looks a great city. I love your crochet squares, pretty colours. Enjoy the rest of the week. Deb x

thesnailgarden said...

Happy New Year to you all. Deb, Norwich is worth a visit, it is such a historic city. I grew up near there and I love going into the city as we say in Norfolk.
Best wishes, Pj x