Tuesday 9 August 2016

My Woolly Summer

*Shawl Society #2 and 3# Spoiler Alert!*
Despite the recent soaring temperatures I have continued to knit throughout these summer months.  I have completed the second design from The Shawl Society by Helen Stewart, called the Amulet Shawl.  I am still knitting from stash for these six designs and this time I used Selkino from the Skein Queen, with brown size 6 beads.  This is a very pretty pattern that was an easy knit.  I knitted the large size and I'm very pleased with how it has turned out.  I just need some colder weather so that I can wear it! :)


I have signed up to Helen's next retreat and a group of my friends and I have decided to knit the Madewell Cardigan by Joji Locatelli to were to the retreat.  As I am a slow knitter and easily distracted by shawls ;) it is a possibility that I might not finish in time, but I have made a start using Rowan Fine Art that I bought in the sales on a recent trip to Birmingham.
 
I have swatched, but I'm still nervous about the fit!
I'm just going to have to hold my nerve and keep knitting,
but the problem is that Helen has published her third Shawl Society pattern, the Asana Shawl and I have cast on for that too! :)
I am again knitting from stash and using Bilum Zitron Filisilk in a gradient that I bought at Unravel earlier this year.
I have altered the design to include rows of eyelets to break up the garter stitch section.
Since this pattern was released my Madewell has been neglected!
At the end of July I attended Fibre East, with a group of friends and had a fun day filled with yarn and laughter.
I didn't take many photos,
but still managed to add to my yarn and fibre stash! :)
My long-suffering husband was waiting for me on the car park at the end of the day. :)
It was such a fun filled day and I'm looking forward to our next meet up.

No comments: