Monday 21 August 2017

May in Review

Continuing with my catch up with May happenings.

Makes
I took part in Joji Locatelli's MKAL and began my Starting Point Wrap


I needle-felted a rabbit
and a nesting bluetit for the Year of Ornaments make along.

I finished another WIP, my Alpine Sunset by Helen Stewart.


Baking
Vegetable lasagna, a family favourite served with homegrown salad leaves and wild garlic flowers.
Another favourite, banana crunch traybake.
A new to me recipe, cheese and olive scone round.

In the Garden

The roses started blooming earlier this year.


















I participated in the Great British Bee Count late May.






"Miss Funnyface" usually follows me around the garden.
We were picking lots of salad from the greenhouse
and the first tomatoes started to grow.
At the Allotment


The pak choi and other greens early May and
late May.



Nature Walks
May was also the month when the dog roses flowered in the hedgerows.

The buttercup meadow was golden.



I picked elderflowers and made elderflower cordial.

Family
The birthday season commenced with M's being first.

At the end of the month our twin niece and nephew turned 18.

No comments: