Friday 22 June 2018

A Spanner in the Works!

I've not posted in a while because at the beginning of April my back was rather bad and I couldn't walk or even sit up for a couple of weeks.  Then it was a very slow recovery and unfortunately we had to postpone a short break at the beginning of May as I couldn't travel.  Thankfully I am a lot better now, although I still have to be careful.
I had missed seeing all the beautiful bluebells, apart from a few in the woods behind our house.
At that time we had unseasonably hot weather, so when my husband took me for a short drive, I was amazed at the transformation of the hedgerows.  It seemed that they had gone from winter to spring overnight as everywhere was so lush and green. I managed a photo of the oak tree that I am documenting, at the end of April.

We enjoyed watching the red kites soaring above the houses.

At the beginning of May, I was finally able to get about carefully and enjoy the garden and spent some chaperoned time at the allotment! :)  The garden looks its best in May and June.



































At the allotment I sowed a few seeds

and to plant out some vegetables that I had started in the greenhouse.

I was finally able to start a little knitting and worked a few rows on my Find Your Fade by Andrea Mowry.

I needed a little project to work on, so cast on Sweet Bee by Susan B Anderson.

I have stuffed my little bee with dried lavender from my garden.

Early May it was our daughter's birthday.

As usual I made her a cake.





Towards the end of May, we went for a walk at a nearby National Trust property, my first real outing in 2 months.  This was #9 in our Thirty in Thirty.  It was lovely to see the Vyne with its refurbished roof almost completed.





This year there has been an amazing amount of buttercups around.





At the end of May it was time for the monthly photo of the oak tree.  This time I was able to walk to the tree as I normally would.

I hadn't noticed before, but there is a hawthorn growing right beside the trunk.

Luckily by the end of May my back was allowing me to do a little more, as we had a short holiday planned for the beginning of June, which I will post about next.

No comments: