Wednesday 4 April 2018

Cast Ons, WIPs and Finished Objects

I've said it before, but this time I am determined to do it!  That is to whittle down the amount of works in progress that I have.  So far this year I have completed four projects and only cast on one new one.
Firstly I finished my 'Twas the Night Before Christmas Socks by my lovely friend Dani.  I'm rather pleased with these as they are my first pair of hand knit socks and they fit perfectly.  They are knit in A Homespun House yarn.
Next I completed my Land of Sweets Cowl by the talented Helen Stewart.

I designed my own Gingerbread Mitts to match, based on the cowl pattern.  The cowl and mitts are knit in Norah George Advent yarns.
My fourth finished object is my Surprise Party Shawl, also designed by Helen and knit in Skein Queen Enchant.

A current WIP that I am working on, or more correctly have restarted, is my Find Your Fade by Andrea Mowry.
I restarted this wrap as I wasn't happy with my original choice of colours.  All yarns are LITLG.
My only cast on, so far, is Helen's Impressionists MKAL.  I've completed clue one and I'm eagerly awaiting the second clue.
I also have the pattern and yarn for Joji Locatelli's Suburban Wrap, which I will also be casting on soon.  I will have to finish some more WIPs before starting anything else though! :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love all the shawls that you knit .Do you wear them all ? x

thesnailgarden said...

Thank you. Yes, I do wear all my shawls. Most days I will wear one.