Friday 3 August 2018

Fibre Festivals

Recently I have been fortunate to attend three festivals.  The first was Thread, a sewing festival, at Farnham Maltings.
In the morning, I took a freehand machine embroidery workshop.
I thoroughly enjoyed it and learnt a lot, but need a great deal of practice! :)
In the afternoon I wandered around the festival
and took part in a drop-in workshop to make a vintage button keyring.
The next festival was Yarningham, in Birmingham, held at the Uffculme Centre.  I went with Deb and we met our friends Dani and Liz there.

We had a lovely time squishing yarn,









then had a picnic on the lawn and sat knitting and chatting for a couple of hours,

before one last look around the festival.

The third festival was Fibre East last Saturday.  I met up with friends Amanda, Nicola and Tracey.

Again there was more yarn squishing and lots of chatting! :)





We made a beeline for our friend Maya's beautiful yarn.  Some of this had to come home with me!



We also spent a fair amount of time at Teri's stall.

We spent so much time squishing and chatting, that there became quite a group of us!

Photo courtesy of Ellie @ crafthousemagic
Fibre festivals are best shared with friends and we all had a wonderful day.




The end of a very successful day! ;)

No comments: