Wednesday 21 November 2018

Our 30th Anniversary

Recently my husband and I celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary.

We started our married life in Cornwall, so decided to spend our anniversary week there.  We stayed in a converted engine house, once part of a Cornish tin mine.

We were staying near Marazion on Mount's Bay.
St Michael's Mount as the sun set.



On our first full day, it was our anniversary and we had booked a day at the Scarlet Spa. We were up and out at the crack of dawn,

to start our day with a yoga session.



My crazy husband followed that with a dip in the natural pool ... brrr!

I sat on the edge with just my toes in the water, sipping tea and admiring the views.



Next was a visit to the cliff-top sauna.





A spot of relaxation and knitting.  One of my anniversary cast ons was the Forever and Always Socks by my friend Dani.

We had booked a cliff-top hot tub session as part of our spa day; I could have stayed in there all day!



We had an indulgent lunch,

which was most welcome after our early morning start!

I had the vegetarian option of beetroot salad, with pickled shallots, pumpkin seeds, goats' curd and honey.

Followed by a twice baked cheese souffle with apple and walnut salad

and dark chocolate marquise with cherries and garden mint chocolate ice cream.

Time for a spot of relaxation, then a swim (in the heated pool!)

 and a Rhassoul treatment in the afternoon.

I can highly recommend this spa.

We had a perfect day!

There was more chocolate!  I had baked an anniversary cake which we took with us.

After cake and Prosecco I cast on my second anniversary knit, the Together Shawl by Pia Kammeborn.


No comments: