Tuesday 5 March 2019

Sunshine and Snow

On the first day of February we woke up to snow.
It kept snowing throughout the day and although very beautiful, it caused problems on the roads.  J ended up having a long walk home after work, as the traffic ground to a halt!
Saturday morning the sun was shining and I went for a walk with my husband.

The village pond was frozen over.
We walked along the fields, startling a hare and a deer.





After the snow, came the unseasonably warm weather.  Late February the temperature reached 20'C, a record for February.  The crocuses in the garden loved the sunshine.


On the 14th it was Valentine's day and each year I bake a cake for my Valentine.  This year I made a fudgy chocolate sponge.
I just had to get this card when I saw it!
From my husband.

The snow moon, was a super moon and luckily it was a clear night, so were able to view it.
The clear nights meant there were some frosty mornings, but as the temperature increased I was tempted out to do some gardening.  All the borders have been dug over
and I have sown some tomato & chilli seeds.
 
I use wool pellets to protect the blooms from the slugs and snails.


Maurice has kept me company in the garden,
whilst Ella has preferred to sunbathe indoors.
Throughout the month I have still been working on my Floozy cardigan, which is almost finished and I have added one and a half rows to my Northeasterly Blanket.
I also completed both the January and February cross stitch projects.  These design as by Snowflower Diaries and can be found on her blog.



No comments: