Tuesday 26 November 2019

Knitting and Stitching Show

Up early and off to Alexandra Palace in London for the day.  I had two workshops booked, the first was a breakfast class
"Slow Stitching" with Lisa Mattock.  We were each given a kit and Lisa did a show and tell of her beautiful work.
The workshop was only 2 hours long, just enough time to start working on the background of our panel.
Next it was time to wander around the show and to do a spot of shopping!

There were some stunning quilts to admire.



"Who Will Tell the Bees" was my favourite quilt.  So dramatic!






Mt second workshop was Japanese embroidery with Midori Matsushima.  We were taught how to stitch petals and were given a kit to take away with us.  This sample is Midori's work.

Afterwards, I bought some of her threads and admired the embroideries on her stand.





I left the show feeling very inspired.





There was a beautiful sunset as we drove home.

A peek at the kits and supplies I bought.

Lots to keep me busy! :)

No comments: