Sunday 20 September 2020

August Outings

We visited RHS Wisley for the first time since lockdown started.At first it seemed surreal to be out somewhere, but it was a lovely day.

There was a booking system for entry and the gardens are large enough be uncrowded.







The roses looked beautiful.










There were lots of pumpkins in the trial field.














A treat at the end of our visit.  We haven't been out even for a coffee since lockdown started; this was a tentative step towards normality.
Our second trip out was to meet my parents at a country park to celebrate my Mum's birthday.  None of us felt like going to a restaurant, so we packed up a picnic.
En route we stopped off to admire the dahlia field at a garden centre.



Continuing our journey, we met my parents at Brandon Country Park in Suffolk.  It was the first time I had seen them since February as travel hasn't been an option until recently.  We all went for a walk through the woods and across the heather covered heathland.











My parents, always holding hands.
A mausoleum, apparently full of bats.
Mini airshow by the USAF, from a nearby base, whilst we picnicked!
Despite the dark looking clouds we managed a picnic without rain.

5 comments:

Crafty in the Med said...

That lovely shawl that I saw in your last post was for your mother! It suits her very well indeed:-) I think I have told you before I am in awe of these wonderful shawls that you make. They look so finer than crochet ones and I have even had a thought or two about learning how to knit! Many thanks for sharing your day out..beautiful gardens indeed. I was particularly drawn to those two sculptures: more the second one...interesting! Lovely image of Mr Robin too! I am sure you had lots and lots to talk about with your family. May these strange times be over for us soon. I thought I would mention that you are back blogging again in my next post. Is that alright with you? keep well Amanda x

thesnailgarden said...

Hi Amanda, thank you for your lovely comment. If you can crochet then I am certain you could also knit. I'm planning to blog more regularly, but no promises :) I'm happy for you to mention me on your blog. I'm on Instagram more often and have a YouTube channel where I vlog monthly. The link is on the home page and in my Instagram profile. xx

kathy b said...

Lovely photos! Came her from CRAFY in the MED

handmade by amalia said...

Such gorgeous blooms! How nice to be out and about again, especially with winter coming.
Amalia
xo

thesnailgarden said...

Hi Kathy & Amalia, welcome to my blog. Thank you for spending time with me.