Wednesday 19 November 2008

Cats in the Kitchen

Trying to cook in our kitchen is like swimming in a shark-infested sea as I am constantly being circled by two cats!

So I filled up their mouse toy with dried food to keep them occupied (not for long) whilst I cooked our evening meal.



This is the finished tart.
Butternut Squash,Caramelised Onion and Goat's Cheese Galette adapted from the Smitten Kitchen's butternut squash and caramelised onion galette
Maurice is also making a nuisance of himself elsewhere in the house. At night time he likes to stretch out on a middle stair. Being a cat he doesn't move, but expects you to step over him. A bit of a problem when he is black and you can't see him in the dark. I'm thinking of renaming him Mort as he is going to be the death of someone!
On the craft front, I have finished painting these wooden stars for a friend to sell in her shop and I am cracking on with the cross-stitch decoration. I am taking part in two forum Christmas swaps and I have some family Christmas presents to make, so please forgive me is the blogging isn't as frequent as usual.

1 comment:

cottonreel said...

I,m new to blogging and just feeling my way around. I,m an Englishwoman living in the Midlands desperate for the Spring so I can get in the garden and root around as to what needs replacing. I do patchwork and quilting as a hobby,but will try anything that a magazine inspires me to try.My blogging mentor will be visiting on Saturday and will be showing me how to add photo,s