Friday 5 March 2010

Crocuses, Cats and Crochet

1st March was the first warm day of the year here.
Ella enjoyed rolling around, on the lawn, in the sunshine.



I finished sewing my crochet flowers onto the coat hangers that I had padded and knitted covers for as part of the CL Knitting Olympics.
I used left over yarn from making baby clothes for my children many years ago. It is lovely to have something to keep, knitted in these yarns.
The covers are knitted in moss/seed stitch, garter and stocking stitch, using 4-ply and DK yarn.
The flowers are crocheted in a variety of yarns.Inspiration for the flowers came from two books I own - "201 crochet motifs, blocks, projects" and ideas by Melody Griffiths and "100 flowers to knit & crochet" by Lesley Stanfield.
I bought 2 of the buttons recently at unravel and the wadding to pad the hangers, all the other items were from my stash. The 2 Liberty, violet buttons I have had for over 20 years! :)
Now I need to get back to knitting my "tank top", otherwise it will be summer and too hot to wear it - hopefully!

2 comments:

Yarrow said...

Oh gosh, these are soooo gorgeous :) What a lot of hard work and must be a pleasure to use :)

thesnailgarden said...

Thank you Yarrow, it's lovely to hear from you again, best wishes Pj x