Wednesday 22 June 2011

Cake, Cake and More Cake

It has been a busy few days here at The Snail Garden. We have 3 birthdays within 11 days of each other - not very well planned!! :) We started off with my birthday and I have to share this card from my husband ...
I think it is probably the most romantic card that he has given to me. :))
Birthday equals cake and I spent part of the morning baking.
For my birthday treat I made these Whoopie Pies from a recipe I found here. Bang goes my diet!!
The next day my sweet boy turned sixteen.
After much searching I had finally found a 16th birthday card with Son on it.
Jay said "You are never too old for a helium balloon". :)
Of course there was a birthday cake ...
... with 16 candles.
I borrowed this idea from Sue at The Quince Tree.
Taking her advice I made my layers thinner, because we are greedy and like to eat a whole slice! :) My cheeky son quipped that it looked like a coming-out cake!!
I also made some Union Jack cupcakes for the birthday boy.
I'm never going to lose weight before my holiday!!!! ;)

3 comments:

Gem said...

That card is so sweet, it is so lovely to get surprises like that. Can I also just say that the cake is amazing, I have never seen anything like it before.

I am your swap partner for LaaLaa's Magic Yarn Ball swap, already I can see we have quite a few things in common : ) Feel free to email me gemmap8701@hotmail.com looking forward to swapping with you and am so pleased to have found yet another brilliant blog xxx

thesnailgarden said...

Hi Gem, great to hear from you. I'm looking forward to the swap. Best wishes, Pj x

Tina said...

Happy belated birthday! Love the card, too. The cake is just gorgeous, what a surprise to find such a great rainbow when cutting the first piece out! The muffins look great, though, too, just less surprise! Hope you are having a great weekend!
Tina in Germany