Tuesday 7 February 2017

Casting On New Projects!

In January 2016 I resolved to finish all my current works in progress before starting any new ones.  Well, we all know how that went!! :)  This year I hope to complete those projects that are outstanding, but I will still cast on new items and indeed I have already done so during January!
We had a winter holiday planned for the end of January to Finnish Lapland, so I decided I needed a new hat.
I knitted Pressed Leaves by Alana Dakos in Madelinetosh Tosh Merino DK Fallen Cloud.
I blocked it over a dinner plate and by luck it was the right size.

I then decided that my husband needed a cosy scarf to keep him warm.  Immediately I thought of Helen Stewart's pattern Eden Fells Scarf, which I have knit twice before.  This time I used the Álafoss Lopi that I had purchased a few years ago in Iceland.
My husband is over 6' and I wanted him to be able to wrap the scarf around his neck with long enough tails that would look proportionate to his height.  The scarf ended up at over 2.5m!  He loved wearing it and it did indeed keep him warm on our holiday.
My final cast on for January was originally a secret knit.
I was test knitting Helen's Snowmelt MKAL.  I have chosen Charisma by The Knitting Swede from my stash in colour ways:- Déjà Blue, Nautilus and Burlesque.
As the first clue has now been released I can show a photo I took at the end of stage 1.  Not the best photo due to the artificial lighting that evening, but I wanted to continue knitting.
I did manage to knit 9.5 hexipuffs for my Beekeeper's Quilt.  Not as many as I should have knit, but at least I worked on one of my outstanding WIP's! :)

1 comment:

Sarah Dee said...

I misses this post, you must be knitting non stop, the scarf looks soooo warm.