Thursday 22 March 2018

Edinburgh Here We Come!

I hardly know where to start with blogging about our trip to Edinburgh!  We were only away for a week, but managed to fit so much in!  The holiday started on Mother's Day and these lovely gifts were waiting for me when we got up early for our long drive to Scotland.

It wasn't long before I got my project bag out for some travel knitting.  Still working on my Surprise Party Shawl by Helen Stewart, here wearing a previously knitted shawl designed by Helen.
The scenery was stunning and the weather bright as we drove the 414 miles to Edinburgh.
We stopped for lunch at Tebay Services, Cumbria.  Best service station food we have eaten!

The view wasn't bad either!

The traffic was light and we made good time,
so decided to take the scenic route once in Scotland.
The road took lots of twists and turns with fabulous views around every corner.




We stopped to admire this view and the peace and quiet.



My husband obligingly stopped so that I could photograph some sheep.  He knows me so well! :)


Nearly at Edinburgh.

We reached our destination, an Airbnb in The Maltings, Slateford.
I had chosen this accommodation as it was a convenient 10 minute walk from the Corn Exchange, where the Edinburgh Yarn Festival was to be held!
The building was the maltings for the Guinness Brewery in a previous life.
Our hostess informed us that, that night was the last to view Lumen Edinburgh, a series of light installations around the city, so we hopped on a bus to the city centre.














The cloud cover was low over the castle, very moody!
Back to our flat for the night, more exploring planned for the next day.

No comments: