Wednesday 27 February 2008

An Abundance of Frogs

Sunday evening when OH was out running he said that the path behind our house was covered in frogs. The result today :


A pond full of frogs and spawn. (If you click on this photo, to enlarge it, you will see that all the "blobs" in the water are frogs.)

The purple-leaved plum is gradually blossoming in our front garden, the photo doesn't do it justice.
The viburnum is still producing the odd flower.

A few years ago I planted some mixed narcissus bulbs at the allotment for picking and this is the first bunch of the season. They smell gorgeous.


Each year I try to grow something different and this year I have chosen the asparagus pea. The packet says to plant directly into the ground, but I am going to start some in a pot as they are new to me.

2 comments:

kathyann said...

Wow,so many frogs in such a small area,just think how many tadpoles you are going to have ,the pond will turn black lol We had a pond at our old house and we used to open the windows at night to listen to the frogs!
I've not heard of asparagus peas so I'll be interested to see how they turn out!
I love spring when we have all the blossom out and lots of colour from the daffs,crocus,snowdrops etc
I think its the hope of warmer weather to come after the cold wet winter!Happy gardening
Love from Kathyann and the girls

thesnailgarden said...

We do get a lot of the frogs in our garden, but the pond isn't ours, it is part of a wildlife area behind our house.