Monday 4 February 2008

Snowdrop Sunday

After a morning of baking that included these two items:-
Bovey Belle's Apple Gingerbread and I used Yarrow's Hobnobs to make a coffee and biscuits dessert. A calorie-burning walk after lunch was definitely called for! We came across this gorgeous drift of snowdrops. Sadly, they are growing near a new housing developement and I just hope that they will still be there to brighten the world next spring.

Recipe for Coffee & Biscuits Dessert (serves 4):-

8 of Yarrow's Hobnobs

Tia Maria

150ml Double Cream

2 tbsp Caster Sugar

Cocoa Powder

Chocolate-coated Coffee Beans

Place one hobnob upside down in each dish and soak with Tia Maria. In a bowl whisk together the sugar and a "good slosh"* of Tia Maria, to your taste. Pour in cream and whisk until softly thickened. Spoon on top of hobnobs and decorate with cocoa powder and coffee beans.

* I was going to say a "good slug" of Tia Maria, but when we were eating this dessert and discussing the recipe, you should have seen my son's face when I said I had used a good Slug! :)

No comments: