Thursday 30 September 2010

September 2010

During September the garden has still been in full bloom, despite the rain trying to wash everything away! I have started to bring in my geraniums before we have any frosts and have been changing the planting in the patio pots ready for the winter.

The hedgerows have been laden with fruit.


The oak trees are full of acorns
which the squirrels are hoarding for the coming winter.
September is the month for fungi.
This tiny toadstool was as small as my thumbnail.
I found lots of fungi in fruit around the village.
The leaves on the trees are starting to turn, autumn is well and truly here.

3 comments:

Apple said...

You have some lovely colours in your garden :) I love the sampler, do you use a program to make it or do you format it yourself?

Have a good weekend x

thesnailgarden said...

Hi there Clematis Crazy, lovely to hear from you. I use this site for my mosaics - www.bighugelabs.com/
Best wishes, Pj x

Apple said...

Thank you ever so much, I will have some fun with that :) xx