Wednesday 28 August 2013

Days 228 to 238

Eleven days worth of my 365 challenge!  We have been away for a few days and once back have been shopping, shopping, shopping to set our Son up for university, so I have had no time to blog recently!
Day 228 of 365
A bowl full of freshly picked tomatoes from our greenhouse - Sungold, Gardener's Delight and Harbinger.
Day 229 of 365
Making cakes to take on our holiday for picnics.  This is the lavender shortbread that is a family favourite, using homegrown lavender.
Day 230 of 365
Zinnia Envy - Grown from seed.  This is the first time I have grown Zinnias.  I love the green, but next year I plan to grow a mixture of bright-coloured ones.
Day 231 of 365
First day of our holiday and my Husband is in the dog house! :)
Day 232 of 365
Day two and up a lighthouse.  I'll show more of our holiday in my next post.
Day 233 of 365
On the White Cliffs of Dover - my Son trying to scare me!  My Husband assured me that Jay had his feet on some steps leading to a lower path.  I wasn't going to look!
Day 234 of 365
Coffee and cream ice-cream beside the sea at Hastings.
Day 235 of 365
Making friends with some donkeys, beside a medieval church that we visited.
Day 236 of 365
Back from our holiday and shopping in Ikea, this sign caught my Husband's eye! :)
Day 237 of 365
BBQ time.  It was a lovely warm evening and we sat out admiring the stars and having a little too much to drink!  I am such a lightweight that 3 glasses of wine and I was over my limit! :)
Day 238 of 365
More gorgeous sunshine and the butterflies, including this Comma, were busy on the Buddleias in our garden. 
I just need to sort through my holiday photos before my next post and hopefully once Fay and Jay are settled at uni I will be able to post more regularly.  I haven't even had time to get on with my knitting and crochet this summer; we have been so busy!  I need to go back to work for a rest! ;)
Hope you are all enjoying your summer.  Best wishes, Pj x

No comments: