Thursday 28 December 2017

August in Review

Still trying to catch up with my blog, hoping to keep up-to-date in 2018! :)

Making
I finished my Low Tide Cardi and stitched the buttons on,


which of course meant a new cast on! :)
I started a So Faded Jumper as part of a knit-a-long with my friends.
My first dress-making in quite some time!
A denim Cleo pinafore.
I needle-felted some more creatures for our Christmas tree as part of #yearofornamentskal



I beaded some bracelets, both for myself and as gifts.
Baking
I tried these cereal bars, which were yummy!
In the Garden



Ella, sun-worshipping!


Lots of dahlias and cosmos to pick for flower arrangements.



We had some large tomatoes growing in the greenhouse.

Caught in the catmint!

There were BBQ's in the garden during the day
and the evenings.


Nature Walks
Walking around the village we found toadstools growing in the grass
and the hedgerows were full of berries.



On the Bank Holiday we went for a walk in the nearby countryside.















Out and About
At the beginning of the month we visited Steventon Church, as part of the Sitting With Jane Trail, were Rev Austen preached. 



















We visited the Turner exhibition at Winchester






and the Jane Austen exhibition at Basingstoke.
On the building opposite the Town Hall.
This silk pelisse coat is known to have belonged to Jane Austen.

No comments: