Friday 29 December 2017

November in Review - Out and About

Continuing my review of November with some local walks, Christmas shopping trips, a knitting festival and a day trip to London for a Christmas party.
Nature Walks
In our favourite woodland again.  I love seeing the seasonal changes.
The hazels are now full of next year's catkins.

Walking through crisp, crunchy leaves.
Still lots of fungi to be found.





Bright red berries adorn the holly trees.



We found sweet chestnuts on this path.

Out and About
In town Christmas shopping in November and I stopped to admire the sunset reflected on the side of this building.

Early one Saturday morning, my husband drove me up to Nottingham for the first Nottingham Yarn Expo.  We stopped for second breakfast on the way up.

On arrival my husband dropped me off at the Expo and I went in.

So many wonderful sellers! It was lovely to chat to people I know and to meet people from online, in real life for the first time.

I love using Skein Queen yarn, so a purchase was made here.

Moel View Yarn
So lovely and another purchase!



Couldn't resist snapping these amazing creatures!

I listened to a talk my Marie Greene of Olive Knits.





Afterwards I met my husband in the city centre and we wandered around the shops and had some lunch.





All the Christmas coffees!



I enjoylooking at the architecture of the buildings above and around the shops.



I bought my Marks and Spencer Advent calendar.

My husband was a happy boy as he got to ride on the trams! :)



I always feel that Winchester is a special place to visit, even more so when it is decorated for Christmas.  This time we were a little too early for the start of the Christmas market, but it was no hardship to return in December!



The mince pie flavoured coffee was delicious!

How cute were these in Whitestuff?! I didn't buy them as I would love to make some myself.







Up early on a Sunday, late Novemeber, we headed to London.

First we wandered around the Columbia Road flower market and popped into Jessie Chorley's shop.















I seem to have a thing for coffee! :)

I then left my husband to meet up with friends.

When you are all knitters, were else but Loop are you going to meet! ;)





We then headed to the Curious Handmade Christmas Party





My husband met me there afterwards and we went to see the Christmas lights.  First we walked down Fleet Street and the Strand.





The Law Courts

This building was built in 1825 and was the only building on the Strand to survive the Great Fire of London.

Reaching Somerset House we looked at the ice rink.











Kasper's and the Savoy

History on every corner!

Trafalgar Square

The Tate and St Martin-in-the-Fields

The start of the lights we had walked to see.




Regent Street



A video of these lights can be found here.
Oxford Street

Time to go home.

 Finally at the end of November I finished my Christmas shopping locally

and was rewarded with the sight of this glorious sunset as I reached the top of the car park.


SaveSave

No comments: