Thursday 28 December 2017

September in Review

Making
I finished my So Faded and blocked it just in time to take to the Curious Handmade Country House Retreat
and some gifts to take too.
A few stitch markers.
Baking
I made some coconut ice to take to the knitting retreat.

We picked some sloes and started some sloe gin for Christmas.



In the Garden





Lots of chillis and tomatoes from the greenhouse.
Wild strawberries form the garden.


Nature Walks
A walk in our favourite woodland.










Heading back to the car, through the National Trust garden.

Out and About
RHS Wisley
A beautiful day to wander around the gardens and follow the sculpture trail.


Bud by Jonathan Hateley






The new tropical garden.




The alpine house is one of my favourite parts of the gardens.
 

L'Amore in Autunno by Filomena Forte

Zinka v2 by Marie Ackers
A day trip to London, for no particular reason.








We found ourselves near Platform 9 3/4.




Then we just wandered around looking at the architecture with no destination in mind, simply discovering an area new to us.

There is history around every corner in London!


I suddenly realised that we were near the London homes of the Bloomsbury Group, so we went to have a look.






At the University of London we found Pinewood Studios filming the next Disney movie.


















Walking along the South Bank after dark.










We found some steps that lead down to one of the Thames beaches.













At the end of September I visited Thread at Farnham Maltings.













In the morning I took part in a drop-in workshop for altering an item of clothing.

In the afternoon I attended a shibori indigo-dyeing workshop.








During September I also when on a knitting retreat which I will post about separately.

SaveSave

No comments: