Sunday 12 May 2019

Curious Handmade Country House Retreat

Mid March found me driving to Melmerby, in Cumbria, for the Curious Handmade knitting retreat.  It was lovely to be welcomed with tea and cake and to sit down to knit with friends.
Melmerby Hall is a beautiful, old house full of character.

After that long drive I was ready for a good night's sleep.
Up early the next morning, I went for a walk around the village.


Too much cloud to see the sun rise, so I headed back to the hall.




That afternoon I participated in the makers' market and sold project bags, lavender sachets, stitch markers and progress keepers.  You can find more of these in my Etsy shop Eva Faith.
I bought this lovely Big Blue Moma basket from Helen and gorgeous, natural dyed yarn from Mette of GatherYarn 
The food provided throughout our stay was delicious, so more walks were needed!


Elizabeth of Blue Bee Studio held an interesting sweater techniques workshop.
On the last night we held a not-so-secret swap. :) I received these lovely gifts from Nicola of Bumble Stitches.
 
All too soon it was time to say goodbye.
It wasn't the end of the adventure, as many of us were going to Edinburgh Yarn Festival next.

No comments: