Sunday 12 May 2019

Edinburgh Yarn Festival 2019

Leaving Melmerby, I took the scenic route to Edinburgh.


I was staying close to the city centre in an Airbnb for a few days to attend the Edinburgh Yarn Festival.
I had a lovely apartment with views of Calton Hill and Arthur's Seat.

I decided to stretch my legs and walk up Calton Hill.


Fabulous views over Edinburgh!



I then walked into the city.



The next morning the festival opened.
So much loveliness to be tempted by! :) 






There is so much to see, that it can be a little overwhelming.  Luckily there is plenty of seating in the marque to sit and knit with friends.

I was back for a second day, just a short bus ride from where I was staying.




On my final day in Edinburgh, I walked around the city in the morning.









I visited the Writers' Museum.

I spent the afternoon at the zoo.




I have a video of my visit on my YouTube channel.
My last evening in Edinburgh

and then it was time to drive home the next morning.

No comments: