Saturday 17 December 2011

Day 12 Advent Calendar

Guess who is hiding under my tree! :) Mousie from the DROPS Christmas Workshop.
I followed the pattern and used 4mm needles with Sublime extra fine merino wool dk in shade 006 and an oddment of pink for his nose. He has two black beads for eyes and a length of wire holds his tail up. I didn't use wire in his ears.
Using a single thread, cast on 16 sts. Work in stocking stitch.
Row 1 - Knit.
Row 2 - Purl.
Row 3 - Knit and increase by 8 stitches evenly across the row. I did this by M1 (picking up loop between stitches and knitting into the back).
Rows 4 to 22 (18 rows) - Stocking stitch.
Row 23 - Knit 2tog across row.
Row 24 - Purl.
Row 25 - Change to pink and knit.
Pull thread through remaining stitches and fasten off.
Sew up seam using mattress stitch and stuff body.
Make 2 ears by casting on 5 stitches and knitting 4 rows.
Row 5 - K2tog, K1, K2tog.
Knit 2 rows.
Row 8 - K3tog.
Use thread to sew ears in place. I then threaded the ends through the mouse and brought them out at either side of his nose to form whiskers and attached two beads for eyes. I short length of wire threaded through his tail makes is stand up.

No comments: