Thursday 1 December 2011

November 2011

This month's mosaics have definitely got a wintry feel to them, but there is still a hint of summer in both of them. The garden mosaic depicts the contrasting weather we have had. The beginning of the month was warm and sunny and a lot of flowers were still in bloom in the garden before my tidy up. This past week we had our first real frost and temperatures were lower for a couple of days. It has also been rather windy and many of the leaves have now been blown from the trees.
November started with a bang - Fireworks Night! In contrast my roses still think it is summer!! Indoors, I have been crafting for Christmas and the cats have decided to sunbath inside now that the weather has become more seasonal, although it is still mild most days.
I have finally finished all of my Christmas shopping and now I am thinking about decorations and festive menus. That may sound very organised, but I'm not really! When I realise that Christmas is so close and I have so much that I plan to do before then, mild panic sets in!! Still, I love Christmas and I'm looking forward to spending time with my family.
Maybe it isn't panic, maybe it's anticipation. :)

No comments: