Friday 5 October 2012

I've Been Busy ...

... decorating my daughter's bedroom.
It has gone from being the colour of damsons (Fay's choice) to almost white (my choice) and the pink carpet was replaced yesterday with a stone coloured one.  Now we need to buy a new bed, light and curtains.  I'm planning a grey and white scheme, maybe with a hint of fawn.
After all that painting (it took four coats to cover the walls!!), it was good to work in the fresh air at the allotment.  The courgettes are slowing down,
but the beetroot is still going strong.
 There are a few lemon cucumbers still to come.
 We haven't had a good year with the butternut squashes.  This is the only one!
The tomato plants at the allotment had caught the blight, so I picked the trusses of green tomatoes and I have hung them up on a wire in the greenhouse to ripen.
This year the chillis in the greenhouse have been fiery!  The ones that we don't use immediately I chop and freeze, then they can be added into the cooking from frozen.
 After all that work, my Husband and I took the afternoon off to visit Greys Court near Henley-on-Thames.

I liked this room, but the remainder of the house had more of a lived-in look that seemed slightly at odds with the age of the building.
 The gardens were interestingly set amid some medieval ruins.





 We fell in love with this greenhouse!



 In the pretty kitchen garden
we discovered this sweet little mouse.  He was totally unfazed by the people around him.
 I have nearly completed my cushion.  I didn't manage make anything else in September as the decorating took up so much time. :(  This month we are redecorating the hall/stairs/landing.  I will be glad when it is finished!  The only decorating I plan after that is the Christmas kind! :)

1 comment:

Katie said...

all your allotment produce looks so colourful! Well done on all that painting in Faye's room. I have loads of painting to do around the house, but can't get motivated! x