Saturday 20 October 2012

Tag - You're It!


I have recently been "tagged" by Ellie of Jelly Jam.  To be honest I wasn't sure about doing this, because I didn't think anyone would be interested in my answers and I have always been wary of such things as they kind of remind my of chain letters?  But having read a few of the comments about tagging I have decided to answer the questions, but not pass them on.
Ellie's 11 Questions, in the style of a Boden catalogue and my boring answers! :)
  1. town or country?
    Definitely country!  I have always been a country girl; I was born in Norfolk and lived in a small village (that sadly has now grown immensely).  My grandparents worked on a farm and I loved it when they took me to the farm.  When not on the farm I could be found climbing trees and picking wildflowers in the woods behind their cottage.  I have always loved being by the sea as well.
    Majorca 1972

  2. your most unappealing habit?
    Ooh!  I have just asked my Husband what this would be and he has squirmed and refused to answer! :)  Possibly I nag?! :)
  3. what advice would you give your 18 year old self?

    Be more confident in yourself and follow your dreams.  I wanted to go to art college, but followed the route that was expected of me.  I don't regret anything as I wouldn't be here now if I had done things differently, but I would have liked to have studied art, particularly textiles.
    Me at 18
  4. cats or dogs?
    Cats!  No surprise there.  I have had a pet cat since I was junior school age.  My first cat's name was Skippy and she was dumped as kitten in the back of my Dad's lorry!  He brought her home and she was covered in grease.  Mum and Dad had to cut all of her long fur off and wash her in washing-up liquid to get her clean.  She then lived a long and happy life with us.

  5.   your most overused word or phrase?
    I try not to overuse the same word, but "lovely" seems to crop up frequently!  It could be worse right? :) I do seem to use a lot of exclamation marks though!!! (Sorry, couldn't resist.)
  6. your perfect dinner date?
    My Husband.  Although I can't remember the last time it was just the two of us, as the children always go everywhere with us - they make sure they never miss out! :)
    1988 S with our first baby Pippa
    (Here he is doing the washing up after a meal when it was just the two of us.  Pippa insisted on being held, she would climb his trouser legs if he didn't pick her up.)
  7. red or white?
    Red with white polka dots!  I'm drawn to anything with this pattern on.
  8. what are you wearing today?
    Slobbing at home in leggings and a tunic.  Loose and comfortable. :)
  9. spend or save?
    Save to spend.  I have always been good at saving, except when I enter a wool shop!
  10. dream car?
    That would have to be my Mini.  I would love a VW Campervan or a Morris Traveller as well.
  11. if you were an animal you'd be...
    A pampered cat.  It must be a lovely life to go where you please and snooze the day away in a patch of sunlight.  Not sure about washing myself with my tongue though.  Furball!!
These are the people that Ellie asked:-

No comments: