Wednesday 13 February 2013

Days 36 to 44 of 365

Another week has flown by and we are in nearly halfway through February already!
These photos seem to me to be rather food orientated; anyone would think I am obsessed with food, because I am trying to lose weight! :)
Day 36 of 365
Bird food!  I made some cakes for the birds.
Day 37 of 365
Raindrops on snowdrops.  We have had quite a mixed bag a weather so far this month.  After a mild couple of days it has turned cold again.
Day 38 of 365
Butternut squash soup and sourdough bread.  Keeping warm with some yummy soup for my lunch.
Day 39 of 365
Off to the Post Office.  Kezia's gift from my blogiversary giveaway went in the post.  I can't reveal the contents as I haven't heard if she has received it yet and I don't want to spoil the surprise.
Day 40 of 365
Polyanthus.  I bought a tray of these pretty flowers from the supermarket to brighten up the patio and for a table arrangement indoors.
Day 41 of 365
Seeded crackers.  My first attempt at making crackers.  I used the glass to cut them out.  I love cheese and crackers!
Day 42 of 365
Snow again!  This time it didn't last thankfully.  I think I am over snow for this year.  I'm looking forward to some warmer weather - hopefully!
Day 43 of 365
Pancakes.  Shrove Tuesday traditionally means pancakes for dessert in this house.  This year I grated lemon zest into the batter.  I will definitely do this again as they were deliciously lemony.  After cooking and flipping each pancake I squeezed on some lemon juice and sprinkled on some sugar before rolling up.  I cook mine before the meal and reheat them in the microwave when we are ready to eat them.  A drizzle of maple syrup may or may not have been added at the table!  So much for trying to lose a few pounds! :)  
Day 44 of 365
Potatoes.  Chitting potatoes before planting.  We have picked three varieties to grow this year.  These are Rocket, the early ones.  We also have Cara and Maris Piper, both main crop, chitting in the garage.  I hope we have a better growing year than 2012 as it was so wet!
Well tomorrow is Valentine's Day, so I guess that is a clue as to the next photo!
Happy Valentine's Day to you all, Pj x

3 comments:

Deb Hickman said...

Butternut squash is my favourite soup, great photos. I didn't mind you asking which hotel it was. It's Jolyon 10 in Catherdral rd, Cardiff. I bought it from Living Social at a really good price, so keep checking out their offers. Deb x

Kezia said...

Hi Pj, I received my lovely parcel, thank you very much! Great photos!

thesnailgarden said...

Thank you Deb, that hotel looked lovely.

Kezia, glad to hear your parcel arrived. Hope you enjoy your gifts.

Best wishes, Pj x