Friday 22 March 2013

Days 76 to 80

I have to confess that I am struggling with this challenge at the moment.  It seems to have rained every day recently and I have been feeling a little grotty, which hasn't helped, but I am determined to continue!
Day 76 of 365
Sunday was wet yet again and Mr Blackbird was sitting it out in our Purple-leaved Plum Tree, singing away.  Blackbirds are my favourite songbirds.
Day 77 of 365
Before work on Monday I snapped this collection of body parts!  This is how I spent my weekend. :)  Can you guess what it is yet?
Day 78 of 365
I am keeping a record of the Author of the Month displays that I  create at school.  Julia Donaldson is the subject for April.  I arranged this display last Monday, but forgot to take a photo.  I love her Book and Library poems and I have included them in the display.
Day 79 of 365
Wednesday morning and I wasted far too much time on this addiction - Pinterest!  I did do some more knitting too.
Day 80 of 365
Our garden is showing more signs of Spring.  Rip Van Winkle is blooming by the patio door, complete with a raindrop and a green bug!  I am so looking forward to warmer and drier weather - hopefully!
I haven't taken today's photo yet, but I have taken photos of my knitted items that I have just completed. I will have to find something else to photograph for number 81.  Instead I will finish this post with the poems by Julia Donaldson that I mentioned
First her poem about books:-

I opened a book and in I strode.

Now nobody can find me.
I've left my chair, my house, my road,
My town and my world behind me.
I've swallowed the magic potion.
I've fought with a dragon, dined with a king
And dived in a bottomless ocean.
I shared their tears and laughter
And followed their road with its bumps and bends
To the happily ever after.
The cloak can no longer hide me.
My chair and my house are just the same,
But I have a book inside me.


I’m wearing the cloak, I've slipped on the ring,
I opened a book and made some friends.
I finished my book and out I came.

And her poem about Libraries:-

Everyone is welcome to walk through the door.
It really doesn't matter if you’re rich or poor.
There are books in boxes and books on shelves.
They’re free for you to borrow, so help yourselves.

Come and meet your heroes, old and new,
From William the Conqueror to Winnie the Pooh.
You can look into the Mirror or read The Times,
Or bring along a toddler to chant some rhymes.

The librarian’s a friend who loves to lend,
So see if there’s a book that she can recommend.
Read that book, and if you’re bitten
You can borrow all the other ones the author’s written.

Are you into battles or biography?
Are you keen on gerbils or geography?
Gardening or ghosts? Sharks or science fiction?
There’s something here for everyone, whatever your addiction.

There are students revising, deep in concentration,
And schoolkids doing projects, finding inspiration.

Over in the corner there’s a table with seating,
So come along and join in the Book Club meeting.

Yes, come to the library! Browse and borrow,
And help make sure it’ll still be here tomorrow.

Being a bookworm and a librarian I am of course biased! :)


No comments: