Wednesday 7 May 2008

May Garden ...

... Forget-me-not Garden

Each spring the forget-me-nots run rampant in our garden.



Another visiting beetle.

The copse behind our house is full of bluebells.


Who's watching who?



We managed some more digging and planting at the allotment. The beans and peas are sprouting in the pots and the asparagus peas have also germinated. We are overwhelmed with rhubarb! In the garden I have planted up the hanging baskets and put some tomato plants outside. Also I have planted out my sweetpeas, fingers-crossed that the snails haven't had a feast!

2 comments:

kathyann said...

you have a beautiful garden! forget me knots are one of my favourite flowers and the bluebell wood reminds me of the woods near the village where I grew up,we spent many happy hours playing there!
Love from Kathyann and the girls

thesnailgarden said...

Thank you Kathyann, the forget-me-nots were a bit too rampant and were smothering the other plants, so I have pulled a lot up this week. They seed so freely that there will be more and more each year if I don't remove some of them. They are beautiful though... I love wild flowers.