Thursday 31 October 2013

A Weekend Together ...

... as a family of four again. :)
Last weekend my Husband and I drove Up North to see Fay and Jay.  We picked up the children and at Fay's suggestion headed to Trentham Gardens.
It was a little breezy, but we were well wrapped up.
The gardens are beautiful at this time of year, with lots of grasses swaying in the wind.


Jay couldn't resist climbing this pole! :)
Afterwards we headed to The Picture House in Stafford for our evening meal.

They have movie nights here, but unfortunately this wasn't one of them.





The next day dawned bright and sunny in Birmingham, with no sign of the predicted storm. While my Husband picked up Fay, I met up with Jay at his university.

We all met up at the Bullring for some Christmas shopping

and sight-seeing.

Afterwards we looked around the uni.
It all looks so late at night, but it was late in the afternoon as it now gets dark so early!

 Was it wrong of me to want him to get wet? :)

 Afterwards we ate at the Handmade Burger Co. where they also cater well for vegetarians.
Sadly, it was then time bid goodbye to the children as they had lectures in the morning.
We decided to stay in Birmingham for Monday morning, to let the storm pass as it had hit the South of England.
 The Iron Man by Antony Gormley.
 Jay had told us about the new Birmingham library so we took a look.
I liked the roof gardens
and the views they afforded of the city.

 And just in case you had forgotten it's nearly Christmas ...
... the decorations are up in Selfridges!

Am I allowed to say that I have completed 75% of my Christmas gift shopping?! ;) Pj x

2 comments:

Deb Hickman said...

It looks like you had a great weekend. We were at Trentham Gardens on Sunday. My daughter lives near there so we went up to visit. Fab photo's. Deb x

thesnailgarden said...

My goodness, if we had been there on the same day we might have bumped into each other! Best wishes, Pj x